From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Frozen after Upgrade
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 16:22:59
1 On Mon, May 03, 2010 at 04:56:04PM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > > I don't understand what you mean by booting to a single user
3 > > maintenance mode. How do I do that?
4 >
5 > At the grub menu, select the kernel you wish to boot.
6 > Press "e"
7 > Move cursor to the "kernel" line
8 > Press "e"
9 > Move cursor to the end of the line. Append " 1" or " single"
10
11 Uh, I thought that, per discussions a few weeks ago, we've concluded
12 that in Gentoo that will still land you in the default runlevel.
13 Instead you should append
14 softlevel=single
15 to the end of the line, and continue from hereon.
16
17 > Press <enter>
18 > Press "b"
21 Cheers,
22
23 W
24 --
25 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
26 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
27 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton