From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Grub2 and is the upgrade a tooth puller.
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 14:09:17
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 04:50:27 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Thanks. Now more questions. I have read about this a few times but
5 >> never quite figured it out. I copy the bzImage and name it bzImage-*
6 >> because that is what it is named when I type make etc to build a
7 >> kernel. Is there a difference between bzImage and vmlinux?
8 > The spelling :)
9 >
10 > Seriously though, why not use make install? That way you know the right
11 > files get copied and given the expected names.
15 Because I name my kernel and config the same thing. I also don't like
16 the way it does that link thingy it does. It seems to expect to keep
17 only two kernels around and I'm real bad to have more than that,
18 sometimes way more than that. Plus, if I do it myself, I know what I am
19 doing. If I use make install, I don't know if something was changed in
20 how it does it.
21
22 It's just me being me. lol
23
24 Dale
25
29 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!