From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with xf86-video-ati & nvidia-drivers
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 13:20:48
1 On 17 July 2011, at 17:54, Grant wrote:
2 > ...
3 > But at some point the 1s and 0s must be converted to some sort of an
4 > analog signal if only right behind the diode. A diode must be
5 > presented with a signal in some sort of analog form in order to
6 > illuminate, right? Digital is just a figment of our imagination after
7 > all.
8
9 The pixel is either on or off. There's no way to make half of the adjacent pixel on (and the other half of that pixel off).
10
11 Having said that, you may be on the right track. I hadn't looked at your photo before, so sorry for that, but it indeed looks like your telly may be doing some scaling on the image.
12
13 Check for overscan / underscan settings in the TV's menus and on the remote. The button for overscan may not be at all obvious on the remote from the icon that labels it - if you can't find a button on the remote that resolves this issue, or a overscan setting in the TV's menus then check the manual.
14
15 Overscan would cause this symptom, and it is such a common feature, that IMO you shouldn't pst back here again until you've identified it on your TV and checked it.
16
17 Stroller.