From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Kweather panel applet: unable to set station
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 18:08:17
1 I have just moved and one thing I needed to do was update the weather station
2 for my panel applet. In the config dialogue I have two tabs: "Display"
3 and "Weather Service". I am able to select my new city in the "Available
4 stations" and even check the weather using "Update All", however, I can not
5 set this new station to be the one displayed on the panel.
6
7 Even when I delete my old town from the "Weather Service" tab it remains in
8 the "Location" dropdown in the Display tab. After hitting "Defaults" a few
9 times, now I get only "Unknown Station" in the drop-down. There seems to be
10 no way to set the station to be displayed on the panel...
11
12 The help docs don't seem to correspond to the actual software:
13
14 "If you don't know the ICAO code for the airport nearest to you, you can click
15 on the link labeled Lookup Your ICAO Code to use a web based search engine to
16 find it."
17
18 I don't have such a link on mine, and there is no way (that I can find) to
19 edit the value in the "Location" drop down.
20
21 Again from the docs:
22
23 "right mouse button click on an empty space in the panel and choose
24 Add->Applet->KWeather
25 A configuration dialog will open up. Initially the only configuration required
26 to make KWeather work is the ICAO location code:."
27
28 When I do this no configuration starts up. I can use the menu to select
29 configuration, but this just leads to the same dialogue that I cannot do
30 anything from...
31
32 Does anyone know what's up with this?
33 KDE is 3.5.5...
34
35 -d
36 --
37 darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org
38 "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..."
39 - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972
40 --
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list