From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnome login panel how to disable restart and shutdown buttons
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 15:29:47
1 On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Keep in mind that my incremental power costs right now are $0.42/KWH.
3 > For monthly costs I use 24*365/12 = 730 hours/month.
4
5 Wow, it is only $0.07 cents/kWh here (St Louis, Missouri, USA). The
6 electric company wants to raise rates and the general public is
7 violently opposed (as always). But it seems like we have it good! The
8 highest electric bill I've ever had was $89 last summer when we had a
9 stretch of 100+ degree days... it's a real bargain but I still try to
10 do what I can to save power, not only because of money but because
11 it's The Right Thing To Do(tm).
12
13 Gentoo is surely not the most power-saving distro when you consider
14 the load that compiling generates, but there are some things I just
15 cannot compromise on. :)
16
17 They can double, triple, quadruple the electric rates and I'd still be
18 happy; when the power goes out during a storm, etc., I find myself
19 bored to death. Give me my electricity and give it to me now, please.
20 :)