From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is my data gone?
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 09:15:21
1 Am 30.04.2010 10:44, schrieb Neil Bothwick:
2 > On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 18:43:41 -0400, dhk wrote:
3 >
4 >> While setting up a new disk I accidentally ran "mke2fs /dev/sda1"
5 >> instead of "mke2fs /dev/hda1". When I realized the mistake (about 2
6 >> seconds later) I hit Ctrl-C before mke2fs was done. Now I can't
7 >> mount the drive. Is there a way to read the drive to get the data off
8 >> or is it unrecoverable?
9 >
10 > The data is still there, mke2fs just reset the superblock. Photorec will
11 > recover file contents from a filesystem like this. It only recovers the
12 > contents, not the metadata, so you'll end up with files with meaningless
13 > names, but as they are video files I suspect there are not too many of
14 > them and they are fairly easy to identify. At least it's less work than
15 > importing and editing them all again.
19 It will also find files you already deleted. I had this with an SD Card
20 once and it is a lot of work to go throu all the files and see what it is.
21
22 kh