From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: SOLVED Re: [gentoo-user] ATLAS@home and VirtualBox
Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 15:48:08
1 Hi,
2
3 On Tue, 03 May 2016 09:56:29 +0100 Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 > On Monday 02 May 2016 11:16:28 I wrote:
5 >
6 > > The fix has already been done, silently - no outward evidence other than
7 > > the dates on a couple of files. I only found out when I compared a new
8 > > installation with what I'd backed up a few hours earlier.
9 >
10 > It seems there was a change-log entry, but I didn't see it. This is what I
11 > saw:
12 >
13 > $ equery c boinc
14 > *boinc-7.4.42-r1 (09 Sep 2015)
15 >
16 > 09 Sep 2015; Marius Brehler <marbre@××××××××××××××.de> -boinc-7.4.42.ebuild,
17 > +boinc-7.4.42-r1.ebuild:
18 > Switch to wxGTK 3.0, fixes bug #556670
19 >
20 > Package-Manager: portage-2.2.20.1
21 >
22 > 24 Jan 2016; Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> metadata.xml:
23 > Replace all herds with appropriate projects (GLEP 67)
24 >
25 > Replace all uses of herd with appropriate project maintainers, or no
26 > maintainers in case of herds requested to be disbanded.
27 >
28 > 24 Jan 2016; Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> metadata.xml:
29 > Set appropriate maintainer types in metadata.xml (GLEP 67)
30 >
31 > What is the approved method of reading change-logs nowadays?
32
33 If you are using git sync, just go to /usr/portage/sci-misc/boinc
34 and run `git log .` there.
35
36 If you are using rsync sync, read end of the ChangeLog file, tail
37 -n 50 should do the job. 'equery c boinc' should work too.
38
39 Looks like your problem comes from broken rsync mirror with outdated
40 ChangeLog files. Also take into account that ChangeLogs are now
41 generated from git logs and this takes time, usually something
42 about an hour (maybe half an hour, I'm not sure).
43
44 Just tested on one of my systems using rsync, 'equery c boinc'
45 works fine. Make sure your app-portage/gentoolkit is up to date.
46
47 Best regards,
48 Andrew Savchenko