From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: help
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 21:41:42
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 24 March 2010 21:19:04 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Keith Dart wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> === On Sat, 03/20, Neil Bothwick wrote: ===
7 >>>
8 >>>
9 >>>> r maybe he needs help turning off the white text on a white background
10 >>>> setting :)
11 >>>>
12 >>> ===
13 >>>
14 >>> This is the longest thread about nothing that I have ever seen.
15 >>>
16 >>>
17 >>> -- Keith Dart
18 >>>
19 >> You ain't been around here to long then have ya? lol We have had
20 >> longer. Sometimes we just need someone to send a message with
21 >> unsubscribe in it to start something.
22 >>
23 > And Dale himself holds the record for starting the longest email thread ever
24 > outside of UseNet.
25 >
26 > It started with ... wait for it ... Xorg and hal!
27 >
28 > It makes me just a little bit sad to see that the next version of Xorg (ebuild
29 > sitting in some testing proving ground somewhere) will not use hal at all.
30 > What will we talk about now on slow news days?
34 Then it will be policykit, devicekit or whatever the new name will be.
35
36 Since someone else mentioned KDE4, I do look forward to 4.5. I'm hoping
37 for some fixes too. I want the desktop slideshow to be sequential
38 instead of random. I have a lot of pics that are taken to be a
39 slideshow but if done in random order, they make no sense at all. All
40 I need is a little check box to disable the random part.
41
42 Maybe one day everything will be perfect. < Dale holds his breath >
43
44 Dale
45