From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Random reboots. Where to start?
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 17:05:28
1 On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 15:51:54 +0000, Mick wrote:
2
3 > >> This would typically happen in the middle of an emerge, which was
4 > >> rather annoying, and/or when updatedb was running.
5 > >
6 > > At least you could re-run an aborted emerge; when my box hangs it
7 > > just stops responding to keyboard and mouse, and the network
8 > > interface stops receiving packets so I can't ssh in from another box
9 > > to shut it down neatly. It's BRS time.
10 >
11 > No I couldn't. :-(
12 >
13 > The whole system would freeze up, no keyboard, no network, no nothing.
14 > I had to pull the plug every time.
15
16 Not even Alt-SysRq? That's a serious lockup.
17
18 You can still resume a merge after a power down, with
19 ebuild /path/to/ebuild merge.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 Drop your carrier .. we have you surrounded