From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: amarok can't use mysql collection
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 00:13:20
1 On Montag 16 November 2009, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Monday 16 November 2009 21:26:02 Doug Hunley wrote:
3 > > On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 03:24, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
4 >
5 > wrote:
6 > > > Does anyone here successfully use amarok-2.2.0 with mysql-5.0.84-r1?
7 > >
8 > > I haven't had any issues w/ amarok 2.2.0 and mysql 5.0.84-r1 (once I
9 > > figured out how to get amarok to _not_ use the embedded mysql)
10 >
11 > That's a common complaint about amarok lately. The devs reckon they must
12 > use multi-user mysql because it's almost impossible to get sqlite to do it
13 > properly and totally impossible to get it to do it remotely.
14 >
15 > This puzzles me. How many users out their use their music player in
16 > multi-user mode with a collection db on a remote machine? Apart from LTSP
17 > installs, I'll bet it's none. And LTSP is better off using mpd, so why
18 > didn't the amarok devs simply include mpd support?
19 >
20 > To answer your question, does Settings -> Collection -> enable check box &
21 > fill in bottom half of dialog do what you want?
24 there had been other reasons. Many people have huge collections - and sqlite
25 sucks with huge collections.