From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] utempter vs libutempter
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 22:19:20
1 Allan Gottlieb wrote:
2 > These examples are admittedly rather comtrived. My google search
3 > result (posted a few msgs ago) gave the three step sequence you
4 > quoted above.
5
6 When googling for advice, you may want to include "site:gentoo.org"
7 in your terms, and maybe even "handbook".
8 Searching for 'blocking site:gentoo.org handbook' gives a link to a
9 Portage Introduction and one to a Quick Install Guide that although
10 very terse are together clear enough, in my opinion.
11
12 > However, if A was originally in world and not depended upon
13 > by anything else, it will not be remerged. If A is still needed
14
15 If A was in world, it was by definition not needed. Sure, the user
16 wanted the package, but that is something else. :)
17
18 > it must be explicitly emerged.
19
20 No need to tell the user that: she will remember which packages she
21 wants to have installed.
22
23 Benno
24 --