From: v_2e@×××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] S.O.P.A and P.I.P.A and the blackout.
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 06:46:54
1 Hello!
2
3 On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 19:21:12 -0600
4 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > ...
6 > I also pointed out that no law we pass here affects the
7 > people overseas. Last I heard, when you got a few miles off shore,
8 > our laws pretty much end. The people in other countries are going to
9 > hack and steal and host whatever they want as long as it benefits
10 > them. They could care less what our laws are. They may be laughing
11 > at us too. I know I could care less what laws they pass somewhere
12 > else.
13 >
14 From what I know for sure, many people in different countries
15 supported the opposition to these bills because they understand that
16 this is not just a US problem. If it happens there, it can easily be
17 repeated anywhere. And the point of opposing the US government
18 decisions for people in other countries, to my mind, is to state there
19 point of view *before* their local government try to do the same. And
20 that's important.
21
22 Regards,
23 Vladimir