From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Does this drive need a funeral?
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 19:48:41
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 11:58 AM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> For the first time in my life, I think I have a drive failing on me. Here
6 >> is the info:
7 >>
8 > <SNIP>
9 >> What you folks think? Can I fix it somehow? I got a good shovel handy just
10 >> in case.
11 >>
12 >> Dale
13 > Start doing backups before you write even 1 more email! ;;-)
14 >
15 > - Mark
20 Well, it was in my brothers winders rig. Winders couldn't do anything
21 but puke on the keyboard so I brought it down here and put it in my old
22 Linux rig. I mounted it ro and got the data off it FIRST THING. There
23 was a boatload of pictures from their camera. Anyway, the data seems to
24 be safe tho a few may have gotten messed up. I got to test that in a bit.
25
26 Is this terminal or can something be done to correct this? I did run
27 the dd command before I ran the selftest. I don't think it matters but
28 thought it wouldn't hurt either. If it is terminal, I'll get my
29 screwdriver out and see what these drives look like on the inside. The
30 last one I looked into was a old 14" thing many years ago. Platters
31 were about the size of 33 rpm records. lol Dang I'm old. O_O
32
33 Dale
34