From: Xi Shen <davidshen84@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] normal user do not have access to usb, and many other things
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 13:07:46
1 On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > You only have yourself to blame I'm afraid ...
4 >
5 > When you login to xorg using a root account some configuration files
6 > become owned by root.  A normal user can no longer access them.  Most
7 > desktops should be clever enough to allow users to create their own
8 > configuration files in their home directory - but I am not sure how
9 > you have yours set up.
12 if kde created configuration file when i log in as root, it should
13 only create the configuration files for my root, and should not affect
14 other users. so i guess those issues are not specific to kde, and my
15 account do not have access to those resources any way...
19 Best Regards,
20 David Shen
21
22 http://twitter.com/davidshen84/