From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emerging SVN build when server is down
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 14:48:25
1 On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 15:33 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > I've just tried to emerge the svn ebuild of madwifi-ng after a kernel
3 > update. I have previously merged this so I have working sources in
4 > $DISTDIR/svn-src but svn.madwifi.org is down. The emerge bails out when
5 > it is unable to contact the server, when I would prefer it to use the
6 > existing sources. Is there a way to force portage to do this?
7 >
8 > If not, I think I should file a bug on this as it is a significant
9 > blocker. After all, if I didn't have a wired connection, the server would
10 > always be unavailable until I remerged the package.
13 None of the madwifi-ng ebuilds in my portage tree have an svn source.
14 I'd be surprised if they did because the Gentoo devs generally
15 discourage subversion/cvs/etc. ebuilds.
16
17 Also lots of times a SRC_URI server is down or a mirror is out of sync
18 and we don't call them bugs; we call them crappy servers.
19
20 Now I'm not a Gentoo dev (anymore) but I wouldn't be surprised that if
21 you submitted a bug you'd get a WONTFIX or a "patches welcomed"
22 response.
23
24 -a
28 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list