From: Justin <justin@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is a "packet"? Was: Checksum error
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 11:18:43
1 Albert Hopkins wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2009-10-11 at 11:58 +0200, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 >> sometimes upstream changes a packet without renaming it
4 >
5 > This got me thinking. I've been hearing the word "packet" used a lot
6 > lately to describe software. I always think "is this a new thing or did
7 > they mean 'package'?
8 >
9 I would say it is about just to many germans who are translating german
10 words literally into english and as the the german word for package is
11 "Paket" they come up with packet.