From: "J." <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gitlab experiences
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 15:13:44
1 El mié, 13-07-2016 a las 09:13 -0400, Rich Freeman escribió:
2 > On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 8:44 AM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
3 > wrote:
4 > >
5 > > Has anyone attempted to install a self hosted gitlab  on gentoo
6 > > server(s)?
7 > > A small gentoo cluster/container setup? Using a Distributed File
8 > > System,
9 > > like cephfs, orangefs or other DFS?
12 > I know the Gentoo Infra team has had negative experiences with
13 > hosting
14 > just about anything Java and don't want to go near it.  I don't know
15 > if that is based on specific experiences with GitLab or with just
16 > avoidance with Java in general.  Most of the competing solutions in
17 > this space are also Java-based which is why we don't host any kind of
18 > alternative to Github.
21 What java has to do with gitlab? according to the repo I see is mostly
22 ruby code[1](both gitlab and gitlab-ci). what you wrote make it seems
23 like it is a java app.
24 In the github mirror of gitlab(the main app), the file stats are:
25 2,253 Ruby
26 697 Haml
27 319 Markdown
28 158 CoffeeScript
29 99 SCSS
30 90 Cucumber
31 40 YAML
32 39 HTML+ERB
33 26 SVG
34 25 JavaScript
35 I have tried it using docker, and it does uses a lot of resources as
36 someone previously said.
37
38 BTW, after I quick look at Gogs it does seem a nice option, very
39 'github like'. I will try it for sure.
40
41  [1] https://github.com/gitlabhq/gitlabhq