From: Rudmer van Dijk <rudmer.van.dijk@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: libpng12 is missing
Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 17:39:01
1 On Sunday 09 May 2010, walt wrote:
2 >
3 > This looks to me like a major portage screwup. I see that on my ~amd64
4 > machine I have both versions of libpng, but the 1.2.43-r1 doesn't install
5 > a pkg-config file because 1.4.2 installs one with the same name, and just
6 > as bad, version 1.2.43-r1 removed the libpng12 header files.
7 >
8 > For now, I'd suggest just going back to to 1.2.43 if you can -- maybe mask
9 >
10 > >1.2.43 in package.mask?
11 >
12 > Meanwhile I'm trying to fix firefox so I can read the bug report mentioned
13 > by Andras.
14
15 well I'm getting into a .la hell...
16 you need to rebuild packages which are themselves not invalid and therefore
17 can't be found by revdep-rebuild...
18
19 searching with "grep png12 `find /usr/lib64/ -name '*.la'`" lists all .la
20 files with a bad png version, rebuilding those will fix the system. after that
21 all packages found by revdep-rebuild can be emerged.
22
23 Rudmer