From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pm-suspend problem
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 22:48:29
1 151012 Alec Ten Harmsel wrote:
2 > On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 05:46:00PM -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> I want to be able to suspend my machine to RAM overnight or when I'm out.
4 > Just curious why : why not just power it off or lock it ?
5
6 It's not relevant to the problem,
7 but I don't want to switch off the router which connects to my ISP,
8 as it cb a nuisance to reconnect again. No, no further comment re this !
9
10 >> The pkg to use seems to be Pm-utils, which I've installed.
11 >> 'pm-suspend' does suspend, but only briefly :
12 >> after 5 s , it restarts automatically & everything is back as before.
13 >> The log file shows this happening quite clearly.
14 >> What am I doing wrong ? Am I using the correct tool ?
15 > What desktop environment are you using ? OpenRC or systemd ?
16 > If you are using a desktop environment,
17 > it should have the suspend functionality built into it.
18
19 The latter are not DE's : I use Fluxbox + OpenRC.
20
21 > Do you have support for suspending to RAM compiled into the kernel ?
22
23 I believe so.
24
25 Thanks for the prompt response, but this doesn't help much.
29 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
30 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
31 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca