From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fire the fox.
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 21:32:42
1 On Monday 20 September 2010 16:38:05 Paul Hartman wrote:
2
3 > I haven't had any crashing or failing to start, but Firefox in Linux
4 > has always been pretty bad in general for me. Slow UI, unusable in NX
5 > (constant screen redraws; Thunderbird does the same thing), network
6 > stalling for MINUTES at a time, slow to load, etc. Other browsers on
7 > the same machine don't suffer any of these problems. I don't use
8 > Firefox as my primary browser because it is so flaky.
9
10 That's odd, because on this newish i5 box, which is suffering really
11 severe responsiveness problems otherwise, FF responds to my commands
12 smartly.
15 Rgds
16 Peter. Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23.