From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any big gotcha's when update from several (5) mnths
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 22:21:21
1 On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 17:03:34 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I agree with the other post about gcc but you should also update
4 > portage shortly after that. The newer portage is able to handle more
5 > issues for you and may save you some time. So, I would update gcc,
6 > portage then give world a try. If it looks bad, try system first.
7 > That could correct some things.
8
9 Update portage first, that way you are using the newest version when
10 updating gcc and glibc.
11
12 Personally, I'd trust portage to know better than me and do
13
14 emerge -au @system
15 emerge -auDN @world
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 And God said "Let there be light" and there was light.
21 There was still nothing, but you could see it better.