From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pdf viewer
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 13:27:31
1 "Walter Dnes" <waltdnes@××××××××.org> writes:
2
3 > On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 07:25:54PM +0100, lee wrote
4 >> Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o> writes:
5 >>
6 >> > 1) Configure your handlers in seamonkey.
7 >>
8 >> How?
9 >
10 > I've got Seamonkey 2.31. Go to
11 > Edit ==> Preferences ==> Category;Browser ==> Helper Aplications
12 >
13 > Assuming you've already got "Content Type" "PDF file" in the list,
14 > click on the icon beside "emacsclient" in the "Action" column. This
15 > opens a dropdown menu. Click on "Use other..." and navigate to
16 > /usr/bin/mupdf in the file menu.
17
18 That's what I thought and tried. I don't want to use it as default
19 action, though, because I sometimes save PDFs.
20
21 > If you're really brave, you can try editing the mimeTypes.rdf file in
22 > the browser profile directly. Remember to shut down your browser, and
23 > back up the file first.
24
25 Thanks, if it all doesn't help, I'll do that.
29 Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
30 might swallow us. Finally, this fear has become reasonable.