From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] About using only precompiled pkgs
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2017 12:57:42
1 I skimmed thru some of the documentation about using binary pkgs
2 online, but it kind of indicated it might not be possible to get
3 everything in that format.
4
5 Wondering if using mostly binary pkgs is a biggish hassle or if it can
6 be done... and done without the time-sink always involved in `emerge
7 world'..(over time)?
8
9 As a longish time gentoo user (more than 12 yrs at a guess)... I can
10 only guess at the enormous amount of time I've spent getting thru
11 various aspects of `emerge world'. I am sure it would be quite an
12 astounding figure.
13
14 Due to an unusual thickness of skull... I may have spent more time
15 than the average bear.
16
17 So, can someone be a gentoo user and NOT subscribe to one of the
18 main tenets of the gentoo view of things.