From: Ramon Fischer <Ramon_Fischer@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ebuild: How to deal with external repositories properly (best practise)?
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 10:03:07
1 Hello tastytea,
2
3 I am aware of this "workaround", thank you. :)
4
5 I guess, I was not precise enough:
6
7 The ebuild "drm_master_util-9999"[1] is hosted on my repository, but the
8 ebuild file itself pulls in an external repository[2].
9
10 My question is: Is it a best practise to fork the external
11 repository[2], to link my fork with "drm_master_util-9999"[1], so I have
12 full control about updating the fork. Just to check, that the external
13 source is not doing shenanigans?
14
15 -Ramon
16