From: Jarry <jarry@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] backup & restore solution?
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 17:28:22
Hi,

I am now looking for some sort of backup & restore solution which would
help me to get my gentoo-server up and running after fatal disk failure.

I want to burn at regular intervals compressed partition images of disk
on internal dvd/rw/ram (4.5 GB should be enough for archiving the whole
disk, without /home partition).

But what I also need is fast and reliable restore function, for the case
that all I have is a new replacement-disk, gentoo installation cd, and
dvd/rw/ram with archived partition images (+ restore sw on floppy).
Could you recommend me some software? I checked software in app-backup,
but there is nothing about quick & easy restoring...

Jarry