From: Jarry <jarry@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] backup & restore solution?
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 17:28:22
1 Hi,
2
3 I am now looking for some sort of backup & restore solution which would
4 help me to get my gentoo-server up and running after fatal disk failure.
5
6 I want to burn at regular intervals compressed partition images of disk
7 on internal dvd/rw/ram (4.5 GB should be enough for archiving the whole
8 disk, without /home partition).
9
10 But what I also need is fast and reliable restore function, for the case
11 that all I have is a new replacement-disk, gentoo installation cd, and
12 dvd/rw/ram with archived partition images (+ restore sw on floppy).
13 Could you recommend me some software? I checked software in app-backup,
14 but there is nothing about quick & easy restoring...
15
16 Jarry
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list