From: Ognjen Bezanov <ognjen@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Card reader weirdness
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 09:08:21
1 'On Saturday 06 May 2006 11:57, Thierry de Coulon wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I've got an usb multi-card reader. The device does work, however since I
5 > run Gentoo it behaves a little different than before. Previously the reader
6 > would be indentified on boot (usually reserving /dev/sda to /dev/sdd). I
7 > set up those drives in /etc/fstab and created devices on the desktop to
8 > mount them as user.
9 >
10 > Since using Gentoo the reader apparently is not seen on boot (if no card is
11 > plugged in). When I plug a card in and try to mount it I get an error
12 > message (no such device). However, if I open a shell, fdisk the device,
13 > quit fdisk and close the shell, I can mount the card...
14 >
15 > So my guess is that I am missing a small something in my setup but I can't
16 > find what.
17 >
18 > Note that this is annoying, not much more :)
19 >
20 > Thierry
21 >
22 Sounds like you might be missing a module on startup , try adding
23 "usb-storage" to the module autoloading script for your kernel.
24
25 > --
26 > Stupidity is like a fractal; universal and infinitely repetitive.
29 http://ziva-vatra.dnsalias.com/~ognen
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list