From: Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Card reader weirdness
Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 11:05:40
1 Hello,
2
3 I've got an usb multi-card reader. The device does work, however since I run
4 Gentoo it behaves a little different than before. Previously the reader would
5 be indentified on boot (usually reserving /dev/sda to /dev/sdd). I set up
6 those drives in /etc/fstab and created devices on the desktop to mount them
7 as user.
8
9 Since using Gentoo the reader apparently is not seen on boot (if no card is
10 plugged in). When I plug a card in and try to mount it I get an error message
11 (no such device). However, if I open a shell, fdisk the device, quit fdisk
12 and close the shell, I can mount the card...
13
14 So my guess is that I am missing a small something in my setup but I can't
15 find what.
16
17 Note that this is annoying, not much more :)
18
19 Thierry
22 Stupidity is like a fractal; universal and infinitely repetitive.
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list