From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gmail smtp overwrites the sender
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 14:50:39
1 On Mar 11, 2012 3:59 AM, "András Csányi" <sayusi.ando@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Dear All,
4 >
5 > I would like to ask some help! I would like to use gmail smtp to send
6 > my email from my domain which is sayusi.hu, and the email address is
7 > sayusi.ando@××××××.hu. Unfortunately, gmail smtp always overwrite the
8 > sender email address. If I would like to subscribe for a mailing list
9 > with this email address and the email is sent from my local machine
10 > the respond always comes to my gmail address which used to
11 > authenticate.
12 >
13 > I have tried to set up my gmail account but doesn't matter what the
14 > setup is the sender always will be overwrite. Do you know any solution
15 > for this?
16 >
17 > Thanks in advance!
18 >
19 > András
22 See my email address? It's actually sent from Gmail. BUT, I have my own
23 hosted website (with its own SMTP server).
24
25 Without your own SMTP server, Gmail will always send your email as "
26 someone@×××××.com on behalf of someone@××××××××××.com".
27
28 After you have your own publicly accessible SMTP server, configure Gmail to
29 send email via your SMTP server, then make the alternate account as your
30 default account.
31
32 You can also configure your domain's SMTP server to not store your emails
33 locally, but forward to your Gmail account. This way, everything will be
34 handled through a single interface, i.e., Gmail's.
35
36 Rgds,