From: Marco <listworks@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] QT4 Development
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 11:13:42
1 On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
2 <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Donnerstag 24 September 2009, Marco wrote:
4 >> On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
5 >>
6 >> <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
7 >> > On Donnerstag 24 September 2009, Marco wrote:
8 >>
9 >> [...]
10 >>
11 >> > just install the qt4 set. Meta packages are being phased out.
12 >>
13 >> Not sure if I understand what you mean. I thought sets only exist for
14 >> world and system?
15 >>
16 >> > Or unmask the meta package. /etc/portage/package.unmask.
17 >>
18 >> That's what I want to avoid since apparently this meta package gets
19 >> removed in the future.
20 >>
21 >> --
22 >> Regards,
23 >>  Marco
26 > so what? it really does not matter if it is there or not. And no - with 2.2*
27 > portage there are many more sets than just world and system. You can even
28 > easily create your own.
29
30 Well, I try to avoid installing such packages to not have migration
31 issues later.
32
33 And, yes, portage 2.2* apparently supports many more sets, but portage
34 2.2* is still masked and I don't know if there is a potental risk to
35 use it already.