From: daid kahl <daidxor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: udev (probably)
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 00:16:25
1 >> I saw a message that said something about some kernel option that was
2 >> turned on that shouldn't be, and that udev might not work.
3 > I found it in /var/log/messages.  It said:
4 >
5 > Nov 23 15:37:07 camille kernel: udev: missing sysfs features; please
6 > update the kernel or disable the kernel's CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED
7 > option; udev may fail to work correctly
8 > Nov 23 15:00:01 camille sudo:  michael : TTY=pts/4 ; PWD=/home/michael ;
9 > USER=root ; COMMAND=/etc/init.d/udev restart
10 >
11 > I'm rebuilding the kernel with that option disabled, but in the meantime
12 > why did Mythtv forget my programs set to record?  I checked that mysql
13 > is running, and it is, I checked mythbacked.  The only discrepancy I can
14 > find is the existence of /dev/video0...
15
16 I also had this message for maybe a week before I rebuilt the kernel
17 (same way as you). The only difference I noticed was that the error
18 message went away, but maybe it had some effect on your hardware?
19
20 ~daid