From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sharing a CUPS printer
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 01:43:40
1 On 9/18/06, Sarpy Sam <sarpy.sam@×××××.com> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 >
4 > Maybe port 631 will work here, I have it set to Listen *.631
5
6 Changed it to
7
8 Listen *:631
9
10 and restarted CUPS on the server.
11
12 <SNIP>
13 >
14 > On the client mahines you want to comment out the listen localhost:631
15 > line in cupsd.conf. Then you want to make a file in /etc/cups called
16 > client.conf. Insert in it
17 >
18 > ServerName *****
19
20 Ah! OK, that makes sense. I changed it appropriately, restarted CUPS
21 on the client machine and now I get this far:
22
23 mark@dragonfly ~ $ lpq
24 HP is ready
25 no entries
26 mark@dragonfly ~ $ lpstat -a
27 HP accepting requests since Jan 01 00:00
28 mark@dragonfly ~ $
29
30 So far this looks OK. However, if I go into the CUPS manager on the
31 client and try to print a test page it's telling me the printer is not
32 available.
33
34 Any ideas? I guess you can print a test page from within the CUPS
35 manager on the client?
36
37 Thanks a lot for this much. It's helpful.
38
39 - Mark
40 --
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list