From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is gnome becoming obligatory?
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2017 12:00:39
1 On Sat, Dec 9, 2017 at 10:45 AM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > Thank you all for detailed and clear replies. You'd forgive me for being (a
6 > little) paranoid about Poettering's fingers getting anywhere near my systems.
7 > :-p
8 >
9 Are you sure you need udisks? And policykit? I'm guessing you have
10 some default USE variables which if removed would contribute to a
11 cleaner system. I just checked the documentation about udisks in the
12 freedesktop site. I didn't manage to understand why it would be useful
13 (my fault, probably) but I understood enough to decide I wouldn't want
14 such stuff in my system.
15
16 (Of course, the aforementioned fingers are exceedingly sticky. We all
17 have to live with udev, after all...)
18
19 Regards
20
21 Jorge Almeida