From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What happens with masked packages?
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 00:26:45
1 On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 18:29:52 -0500 "John J. Foster"
2 <Gentoo-User@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 | On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 04:11:08PM +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 | > Absolutely not. If there's one thing we've established over the
5 | > years, it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the
6 | > slightest clue what's best for them in terms of package stability.
7 |
8 | Excuse me my friend, but I switched to Gentoo because of this
9 | attitude with every other distro I've moved away from !!!
10
11 The distro people are right. The difference between Gentoo and most
12 other distributions is that we make it easier for you to override our
13 decisions, should you feel the need.
16 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Wearer of the shiny hat)
17 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
18 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm