From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2015 17:01:48
1 On 08/12/2015 18:29, cinder wrote:
2 > Woops! Sorry, I miss read the post. It had nothing to with me. I'm not
3 > used to reading mail in a terminal:) I'll have to figure out how to get
4 > rid of the advetisingr, or maybe thats the deal with a free account:(
5 >
6 > Philip Webb wrote:
7 >> Mutt should not be a security risk !
8 >
9 > I don't doubt mutt for a moment:)
10 >
11 > »Q« wrote:
12 >> Gmail by default locks out any client that doesn't use OAuth 2.0,
13 >> which AIUI is most of them. Somewhere in Gmail's web interface is a
14 >> setting to allow other clients to connect. IIRC the text is something
15 >> like "allow less secure clients to connect to your Gmail account".
16 >
17 > I thought there might be a way. But seems kinda unfreindly. Maybe I'll
18 > have to that if I can't get rid the add stuck on the end of my mail.
22 Allow me to translate the Google-speak:
23
24 "less secure mail app" really means "a really shitty auth method that
25 isn't our (Google's) auth method". So click the (rather well-hidden)
26 button in Gmail's interface and go back to the really shitty auth method
27 we all used just fine for 10+ years already.
33 Alan McKinnon
34 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com