From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: want to upgrade 50 month old installation
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2015 17:20:58
1 On 2015-08-04, Felix Miata <mrmazda@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2
3 > That's right, May 2011, my first and only Gentoo installation, 32 bit on an
4 > old Athlon, which means no sse2, and kernel 2.6.37. It coexists in multiboot
5 > on one HD with 12 installations of Fedora and openSUSE. I'd like to upgrade
6 > it rather than installing fresh,
7
8 Can we ask why?
9
10 > if it's doable.
11
12 It probably is (for some degnerate value of "doable").
13
14 My gut feeling is that a fresh install is going to be a _lot_ easier
15 and faster. A fresh install will take a couple hours. An upgrade will
16 take somewhere between a couple days and a couple weeks.
19 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Is it 1974? What's
20 at for SUPPER? Can I spend
21 gmail.com my COLLEGE FUND in one
22 wild afternoon??