From: "Pintér Tibor" <tibyke@××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is an Intel motherboard RAID better or worse than software RAID?
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:13:57
1 > I'm in the process of setting up a new private computer. I've bought one
2 > with two drives b/c I wanted to setup a RAID system - RAID1 for
3 > important partitions, RAID0 for scratch files maybe.
4 > Additionally I would like to use LVM2 --- on my work PC I've grown to
5 > like the flexibility of that.
6 > The Intel DQ35JO motherboard now supports some kind of mobo based RAID.
7 > Is it better to use this HW raid, or to ignore that and use only the
8 > linux kernel's software RAID.
9
10 thats not hardware raid, it never was, it never will be.
11
12 t