From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: bash-completion 2: gentoo completion files installed wrong?
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 01:15:36
1 On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 17:50:08 +0200
2 Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de> wrote:
3
4 > Hello fellows
5 >
6 > I’m trying to teach my bash to complete again. Ever since the upgrade
7 > from v1 to v2 a year ago, I’ve been missing out on it in parts. I had
8 > some time today, so I dug and found out that the central bash
9 > completion script that sits
10 > at /usr/share/bash-completion/bash_completion looks in ./completions.
11 > Eselect bashcomp looks in that same directory. However, there are a
12 > number of files in ./ which neither eselect nor bashcomp find. Most
13 > notably, many of Gentoo’s own completions such as eselect are located
14 > there:
15 >
16 > /usr/share/bash-completion $ ls completions | wc -l
18 > /usr/share/bash-completion $ eselect bashcomp list | tail -n 1
19 > [729] zramctl *
20 > /usr/share/bash-completion $ ls
21 > bash_completion calibre-debug completions ebook-convert ebook-meta
22 > ebuild epkginfo eselect flaggie glsa-check java-config layman metagen
23 > pygmentize rc-service repoman tmux udisksctl browser-config
24 > calibre-server dbus-send ebook-device ebook-polish ekeyword epm euse
25 > gcc-config helpers kmod lrf2lrs pip quilt rc-status revdep-rebuild
26 > tree webapp-config calibre calibre-smtp distcc-config ebook-edit
27 > ebook-viewer emerge equery fetch-ebook-metadata genlop hg latexmk
28 > lrfviewer portageq rc rc-update splat udevadm youtube-dl
29 >
30 > Is this a bug? Or a misconfiguration? Thanks for any hint.
31
32 (I'm running ~amd64). When I try the first two commands you list above
33 I get similar results (776 vs 729). The output of your third command
34 looks wrong:
35
36 It seems that 'ls' is not listing the contents of /usr/share/bash-completion
37 but instead is showing you a long list of possible bash-completions. Am
38 I understanding your question/problem correctly?
39
40 Does 'ls -l' show you something different?