From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] looking for a couple of systemd units
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 18:15:50
1 On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 > Am 27.08.2013 19:31, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
3 >
4 >> slowly getting there ...
5 >
6 > Ok, I think I got that done.
7 >
8 > Compared my /etc/runlevels/default and checked if I have all relevant
9 > services up and running. Looks good!
10 >
11 > What was/is missing (on my specific server) ?
12 >
13 > services and sockets for:
14 >
15 > in.tftpd
16 > libvirtd
17 > mythbackend
18 > mysqld
19 > nfs server
20 > vixie-cron
21 >
22 > While mythtv isn't really mainstream there are other daemons in this
23 > list that really *should* be supported with USE="systemd", I assume
24 > (sure, mythtv should get its file as well ...).
25
26 No; the unit files should be installed by default by their respective
27 packages. No systemd USE flag, the same way there is no need for an
28 openrc USE flag to install init scripts in /etc/init.d
29
30 > For sure this migration wasn't really *necessary* for me but kind of an
31 > exercise and if I find the time and motivation to file all the bugs
32 > other gentoo-users might benefit in the future.
33
34 Thanks for doing that.
35
36 > I am gonna test-drive this setup now by watching TV on my PXE-booted
37 > mythfrontend ;-)
38
39 Regards.
40 --