From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge ---p --depclean - check me...
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 13:27:17
1 On 4/10/2014 7:21 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Everything else in that list is routine except maybe pciutils and gpm.
3 > Add them to world manually if you use those apps
4
5 Thanks Alan/Tom...
6
7 Hmmm... what is pciutils used for? From a little googling, it seems like
8 it is a tool that I would manually have to use, not something required
9 by the system itself for anything that happens automatically (ie, at
10 boot time)?
11
12 If so, I've never used it that I can recall, so I guess I can let
13 depclean remove it?
14
15 As for gpm... this is the 'general purpose mouse server'? If so, guess I
16 don't need this either, since this is a VM without a gui?
17
18 Thanks again,
19
20 charles