From: jcd <jcd@××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ext3 partition dissapeared :(
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 11:30:31
1 > Are you absolutely sure you pressed "w" in fdisk after creating the
2 > partitions? It sure looks to me like your changes were not written to
3 > disk. Try mounting /dev/sdb2
4 >
5 > alan
6
7 I used cfdisk and I'm sure that I allocated whole disk (I just deleted
8 remaining partition and created new one and just confirm size, because
9 it should take whole disk, and even if not, it souldn't create new
10 partition on empty disk beyond some other 'non-existing' partition so
11 I'm sure I made a good job of it) and saved changes (it prompted me for
12 writing new partition table). I haven't any /dev/sdb2, just /dev/sdb1.
13 It seems it is really bad situation for me :(.
14
15 So for future is there any way to log more detailed info about these
16 things (besides info about creating ext3 partition even info about size
17 of this partition)?
18
19 Does kernel produce these messages?
20
21 Should I run 'hdparm -z' after creating new patition in future?
22
23 And because I don't want to tease you any more, please give me some
24 last solution what shoudl I do (forlorn hope).
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list