From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /dev/dsp: Device or resource busy
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 15:58:24
1 Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> [12-02-18 16:52]:
2 > Hi there!
3 >
4 > I want to play Quake3. games-fps/quake3 works, but somehow extra stuff
5 > (maps, models) I downloaded and put into /opt/quake3/baseq3 is not being
6 > used. I think I had such problems before, so I used to run
7 > games-fps/quake3-bin instead. I have no sound.
10 > There are error messages:
11 >
12 > /dev/dsp: Device or resource busy
13 > Could not open /dev/dsp
14 >
15 > This is true, even as root I cannot echo something to this device. lsof
16 > and fuser return nothing, so I wonder what is using the device.
17 >
18 > I had sound problems with Quake3 in the past, and found a wrapper script
19 > quake3-sdl-sound [*], that worked. But now it doesn't.
20 >
21 > Any ideas? There will be a big match going on with my little sister this
22 > evening, so you see this is a really really important issue!
23 >
24 > Wonko
27 Hi Alex,
28
29 try (as root)
30
31 fuser /dev/dsp
32
33 to figure out, which task helds that device...
34
35 Best regards,
36 mcc