From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Packet Shaping
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 19:14:04
1 Hi,
2
3 On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 11:24:03 -0700
4 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > Hello, I have packet shaping set up on my Gentoo router with iptables,
7 > shorewall, and "The Wonder Shaper" which is a /etc/shorewall/tcstart
8 > file. It seems to be working since internet radio is now full of
9 > hiccups. :)
10
11 I never quite understood ingress shaping. Dropping packets always
12 sounded wrong to me...
13
14 > Is anyone else using The Wonder Shaper? Would anyone recommend I
15 > ditch it and write a tcstart file from scratch?
16
17 No, just edit it (more than those variables on the top). wshaper is
18 really not that big, well structured and at least somewhat documented.
19 It makes a good template.
20
21 -hwh
22 --