From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: LVM, /usr and really really bad thoughts.
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 23:24:04
1 Bruce Hill, Jr. wrote:
5 > On March 12, 2012 at 2:30 PM Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >
7 >> Don't forget you're using Gentoo; you're implicitly not very far
8 >> removed from the skill levels of the developers themselves.
11 >> --
12 >> :wq
15 > Maybe you're not, but it only takes me a few minutes being around chithead
16 > and NeddySeagoon for me to realize "I ain't gotta Gentoo clue!"
17 > --
18 > Happy Penguin Computers >`)
19 > 126 Fenco Drive ( \
20 > Tupelo, MS 38801 ^^
21 > 662-269-2706; 662-491-8613
22 > support at happypenguincomputers dot com
23 > http://www.happypenguincomputers.com
28 I like that quote. I may not be dev material but I know this /usr mess
29 is not right. The only reason it is happening is because of one or two
30 distros that push it to make it easier for themselves.
31
32 I think mdev has shown it can be fixed. Given time, it just may replace
33 udev then the udev dev can screw up his own stuff on not bother other
34 distros. I'm giving mdev some thought here. I want /usr on LVM which
35 means it has to be separate.
36
37 Dale
38
42 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
43 how you interpreted my words!
44
45 Miss the compile output? Hint:
46 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"