From: Tom H <tomh0665@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel install target and firmware
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 22:47:20
1 On Sun, Aug 28, 2016 at 1:02 PM, Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > It seems that without extra tweaking, running "make modules_install" in
4 > a built gentoo-sources tree always results in the Linux supplied
5 > firmware being reinstalled into /lib64/firmware. This is different from
6 > debian and definitely not my preferred way; I like to keep the firmware
7 > stable unless there is a tangible reason to update it.
8 >
9 > So, what is the extra tweak I need to apply to change this behavior? Is
10 > there a kernel menuconfig option for this?
11
12 Try INSTALL_FW_PATH=/lib/firmware/kern_ver