From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge firefox-52.4.0 compile failure
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2017 19:21:28
1 On 2017-10-08, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Your compiler is barfing at something, but I'm no coder to know what this
4 > might be. In a Gentoo context, I'd start by checking you have installed and
5 > switched to sys-devel/gcc-5.4.0-r3 which is the latest stable version and at
6 > least here compiled and installed firefox-52.4.0 on 4 PCs without a problem.
7
8 It turns out that over the past week or so, there have been several
9 _different_ firefox ebuilds released. One of them was broken:
10
11 Version 52.4.0 (Oct 3) was OK.
12
13 Version 52.4.0 (Oct 7) was broken.
14
15 Version 52.4.0 (Oct 9) is OK.
16
17 You (and I) had successfully installed the Oct 3 version of 52.4.0,
18 but when I tried to install the Oct 7 version of 52.4.0, it failed.
19 The Oct 9 version is supposed to be fixed. I don't really see how you
20 can repeatedly release new versions of something without changing the
21 version number, but maybe that's just me...
24 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Being a BALD HERO
25 at is almost as FESTIVE as a
26 gmail.com TATTOOED KNOCKWURST.