From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Rootwindow Sysmon?
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:06:50
1 On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 05:51:30PM +0200, Penguin Lover meino.cramer@×××.de squawked:
2 > on my way to the "best" window manager (at least for my needs ;) )
3 > I came across a lot of screenshots of themes.
4 > More than one screenshot shows something which looks like a
5 > system monitor a la gkrellm but it was painted plain onto
6 > the background / root window.
7
8 It may help if you point us to the screen shot.
9
10 But quite a few X applications allow drawing directly to the root
11 window. For example, torsmo and conky (both in portage), supports the
12 -w switch to specify the window id. You just need to specify the right
13 one for the root window :)
14
15 http://conky.sourceforge.net/docs.html
16 http://torsmo.sourceforge.net/readme.php
17
18 W
19 --
20 A grenade thrown into a kitchen in France would result in Linoleum Blownapart.
21 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1013 days, 14:53