From: masterprometheus <masterprometheus666@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: CPU socket and picking a heat sink.
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 13:07:40
1 Dale wrote:
2
3 > Thanks for confirming that the coolers will fit. I did some googling
4 > but it just wasn't making sense to me yet. I found a site later on
5 that
6 > said most coolers used different "adapters" to work with different
7 > sockets if needed. That helped me figure out some of it.
8 >
9 > Picking another mobo was a good idea. I actually ended up picking this
10 > one:
11 >
12 > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103675
13
14 This is a retail product, it will come with a cooling device. If you're
15 not going to overclock it will be sufficient and you won't need to pay
16 for an HSF. However, some third party coolers produce much less noise if
17 that's a consideration.
20 > That is a GIGABYTE GA-770T-USB3 AM3 AMD 770 which is a bit better.
21
22 A good board and choice.
23
24 > I'll
25 > have to figure out a way to get my UPS, which uses a serial port, to
26 > work but I *think* I still have a serial to USB adapter around here
27 > somewhere. I'm going to have to cross that bridge one of these days.
28
29 Your motherboard includes a serial port header. The only thing you need
30 is a port like this one :
31
32 http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=3543&sku=09480#
35 > This mobo is not as new as the Gigabyte you linked to but the one I
36 > posted above is in my budget. I actually blew my budget and may end up
37 > spending a little more than planed. I forgot the the new way for
38 drives
39 > is to use SATA instead of IDE. I had to add a DVD burner that was SATA
40
41 This board supports up to 2 PATA devices. I guess you already had some
42 PATA devices.
43
44 > and also had to get some Artic Silver since I can't find my other tube
45 > from years ago.
46 >
47 > I'll take the opportunity to say this again. The new Cooler Master
48 case
49 > is HUGE. lol
50
51 Which coolermaster you picked ? Good luck.