From: "Albert W. Hopkins" <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What happened to OpenRC 0.9.6?
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 12:31:16
1 On Sun, 2011-11-27 at 20:28 +0100, Andrea Conti wrote:
2 > With 100% repeatability, mind you, which does raise same questions on
3 > the amount of testing done before release. Yes, it's ~arch and
4 > rc_parallel is explicitly marked "experimental", but it's not expected
5 > to be completely and consistently broken, either.
6 >
7 > If that sounds like I'm ranting, it's because I just spent about an
8 > hour
9 > getting three machines affected by this problem back into working
10 > state.
11 >
12 > If anyone still has it installed, it's time to sync and downgrade :)
15 Sorry to add more to the whining but...
16
17 Yes, you are in the testing tree. Yes, as a member of testing, *you*
18 expect things will occasionally break, and it is *your* job to test
19 things, break them, and report bugs.
20 >
21 And no, don't expect the devs to have tested something even they have
22 told you is "experimental" and might not always work. If you don't like
23 the unpredictability of testing, move to something more *stable* and
24 don't enable options that come with a caveat.