From: Heiko Baums <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 17:45:33
1 Am 20.12.2016 um 17:47 schrieb Rich Freeman:
2 > Clearly nobody forced you to run it, because you aren't running it
3 > now.
4
5 That's again one of those silly arguments. I'm just not running it
6 because I'm using Gentoo again. On Arch Linux they forced systemd onto
7 the users. Because the Arch Linux users don't have any choice if they
8 want to use Arch Linux, because they e.g. don't want to compile anything
9 and still want to have bleeding edge software.
10
11 So, please, stop twisting every word.
12
13 > Nobody is going to waste their time trying to convince you that
14 > systemd is better than anything else, because in the end your opinion
15 > doesn't actually affect us.
16
17 Because of your ignorant attitude. Fortunately it's not only my opinion.
18 Unfortunately the Poettering fanboys are just the loudest but not the
19 majority.
20
21 Btw... "doesn't actually affect us"? Didn't you tell you aren't a
22 Poettering fanboy?
23
24 > People who prefer systemd will maintain
25 > it, and people who prefer openrc will maintain that, and we can all be
26 > happy.
27
28 That's true for Gentoo, Slackware, Devuan, and maybe still Debian, but
29 not for the other Distros like Ubuntu and its derivatives, Arch Linux,
30 Redhat, Fedora etc.
31
32 Heiko Baums