From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] baselayout2/openrc question
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 15:54:31
1 On 2/4/2010 6:05 AM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > How about a portage feature request?
4 >
5 > The contents of @system can have dependencies. Put a setting in a conf file
6 > which means the system uses portage, therefore python is in @system.
7 >
8 > Without the setting, python does not get included in @system.
9
10 Since the system package set is package manageragnostic, perhaps that's
11 the wrong place to deal with dependencies for portage or whatever?
12
13 The package manager itself should know enough to keep itself functional.
14 It just seems odd that portage lets you use portage commands to break
15 portage. If I wrote a package manager in C# (as a ridiculous example) I
16 would probably make it smart enough not to let you remove mono.
17
18 --K